- Coaching city summer track and swim teams is what started her career in parks and recreation at age 14.
- Lifeguarding and coaching paid her way through college at the University of Minnesota as a Public Health and Kinesiology major.
- Has only 8 states left to complete her bucket list of visiting all 50 states and about 14 other destinations on her international travel list.
- Enjoys working out as well as playing in basketball and volleyball leagues throughout the metroplex.
- Dallas Mavericks fan for life. In his dreams, its 2011 and the Mavs are NBA champions and Dirk is still playing!
- Might spot him at a concert venue seeing any act ranging from Ice Cube to Less Than Jake to August Burns Red.
- A huge fan of all DFW professional sports team but is especially a die hard Texas Rangers Baseball fan.
- Has a collection of staplers dating all the way back to the 1800s can be found in his office.
- Loves live theater. His favorite show tune is “Suddenly, Seymore” from Little Shop of Horrors.
- National Park geek and ranger at heart! Her goal is to visit every park in the United States. Favorite is Acadia.
- Classic film and old Hollywood aficionado, particulary the 1920's and 30's. It all started as a kid with The Wizard of Oz.
- Favorite gym activities are yoga, deadlifting, and drinking protein shakes.
- Enjoys working with hands-on crafts.
- Going to family friendly events.
- Loves football season. Go Cowboys!
- Named after Uncle Sam because she was born on the Fourth of July.
- Has a coffee named after her at The Epic Café! Get your Sam’s Coffee today.
- “If it’s for free it’s for me.” She takes all things that are free even if she doesn’t need it.
- Happily married and father to three beautiful girls.
- Loves strength and conditioning training, Olympic weightlifting, powerlifting, and competing.
- Has seen every Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) movie and can’t wait for the next one!
- Enjoys working out, playing basketball, watching basketball and playing table tennis.
- Die Hard Los Angeles Lakers fan and understands that Kobe Bryant is the GOAT (Greatest of All-Time)
- Currently working on his Master’s in Public Administration
YOUTH PROGRAMS & AQUATICS
- Diehard Denver Bronco fan!!!
- Texans like to make fun of him because he pronounces Colorado, “CALL-uh-RAD-o”. Guess it is a homegrown thing.
- His two favorite things to do on a weekend are building/refinishing things that become much larger and cost more than what he told his wife it would be, and binge watching 7 seasons of a show in one weekend that his wife won’t watch with him because the content is not Hallmark.
- Loves to explore the city, hike, and discover new places to eat.
- Enjoys being active through various sports and exercise, especially volleyball and CrossFit.
- Delights in expressing creativity through art, music, and cooking, and enjoys teaching these to kiddos.
- Started competitive swimming at age 9 through a Rec Center in Dallas.
- Gets way too excited over carnival rides.
- Summer is his favorite season and sun bathing is his favorite past time.
MEDIA & FINE ARTS
- Enjoys painting, has been painting portraits and scenic artwork for over 15 years.
- Enjoys working out and as a MS in Exercise Physiology, die hard Rangers, Mavericks, Cowboys fan.
- Has probably seen every single episode of ``The Office`` 4 times at least and counting.
- Grew up 70 miles south of the alien crash in New Mexico.
- Tour Managed for a Norwegian band in Europe for 5 weeks.
- Has a Pitbull/Chihuahua mix named Lily.
- Native Grand Prairie resident that grew up in the Dalworth community
- As a Music Producer, the biggest hit that he produced is a song titled “Halle Berry” by Hurricane Chris that reached #7 on the Billboards.
- Life-long Dallas Cowboys Fan. How ‘bout them Cowboys!
- Has worked as an illustrator for over 3 years; creating custom book covers and album artwork.
- Enjoys working with traditional and digital mediums.
- Love wearing super colorful socks!
- Spends lots of free time volunteering. One of the finish line announcers at the Cowtown Marathon each Feb.
- Lifelong Chicago Cubs and Bears fan. Still hoping to be invited to sing “Take Me Out To The Ballgame” at Wrigley Field one day!
- Loves to spend time with his lovely wife, Sue, exploring sunny spots, enjoying live music, and experiencing the arts. Ray says to “keep your mind wide open and enjoy new things!”
- Is a voracious reader, and on average reads about 100 books a year.
- Follows the Texas Rangers religiously, watching around 150 games a year or so. He still has nightmares about 2011 when Nelson Cruz missed a fly ball out that would have won the world series.
- Enjoys woodworking and building things, he has a pastime building furniture and other various wooden items.