Our neighbors Epic Waters are hosting FlowaPalooza this weekend and you’re invited! Check out the family fun and some awesome FREE activities to kick your summer off in an EPIC way!
Thursday, June 6
Movies on the Lawn – Soul Surfer @ 8:30 p.m.
Friday, June 7
Cornhole Tournament @ 2:00 p.m.
Concerts on the Lawn – Southern Nights @7:30 p.m.
Saturday, June 8
Cornhole Tournament @ 2:00 p.m.
Concerts on the Lawn – Friday Night Fights @7:30 p.m.
There will also be family friendly lawn games, boat exhibit, paddle boarding demos, and much more!! Click HERE for more FlowaPalooza info.
The We Energize program establishes wellness baselines, provides exciting opportunities, engaging connections, and encourages the development of several skill sets. Our goal is to address the risks and societal issues our youth face by creating epic experiences for all abilities, both indoors and outdoors, that change lives through physical, social, and emotional well-being. Sign up today at the Guest Service Desk at The Epic
We ENERGIZE: An EPIC Kid Experience
FREE for Epic Members Ages 11-14
Tuesdays & Thursdays April 2 – May 2
6:30-7:30 p.m. starting in the lobby of The Epic near the library.
The Epic Culinary Kitchen presented by IKEA has the following offerings coming up. Sign up at The Epic or online at jointheepic.com.
- Saturday, Jan 26 12 noon Best Pre & Post Snacks for workouts & training
Fee: FREE with Membership
- Tuesday, Jan 22 6 pm Kids Cooking with Lola Betty
- Tuesday, Jan 29 12 pm Lunch & Learn with Artist In-Residence Horacio Castillo
- Tuesday, Jan 29 6 pm Gluten Free Cooking
- Saturday, Feb 2 11 am Kids Snacks & Youth Programs
Fee: FREE with Membership
- Saturday, Feb 2 IKEA Kitchen Kids Cooking with Chef Lola Betty
- Saturday, Feb 9 1 pm Low Carb Cooking
- Thursday, Feb 14 5:30 pm Yoga, Josh Cellar Wine and Chocolate Tasting with Lesa
- Friday, Feb 15 7 pm Parent Night Out Date Night with 5 course Dinner with Josh Cellar Wine Samplers and childcare
- Saturday, Feb 23 1 pm Whole 30 Cooking
The GRAND Opening for The Epic – Fitness, Arts and Entertainment is this Saturday, November 17th from 9 am to 5 pm.
Be there for the Ribbon Cutting at 9 a.m. and receive a FREE day pass and enter to win memberships, party rentals and more.
- 9 a.m. FREE Day Pass give away for the first 50 people | Front Lobby | FREE for General Public
- 9 a.m. FREE Raffle for giveaways for party rentals, group fitness add on, kids club add on and more | Front Lobby | FREE for General Public
- 10 a.m. Tours will be offered every 30 minutes starting with the last tour leaving at 4pm. | Tour starts in the front lobby near library | FREE for General Public
- 10:00 a.m. – 4:45 p.m. | Lap Swim, Splash Pool, Waterslides, Vortex resistance Pool & Spa | FREE with membership or day pass
- 9:30 a.m. Yoga | 2nd Floor Fitness Intensity 1 Room | FREE with membership or day pass
- 11 a.m. Camp Epic | Outdoor Large Turf Area | FREE for General Public
- 1 p.m. BollyX | 2nd Floor Fitness Intensity 1 Room | FREE with membership or day pass
- 2 p.m. CrossFit Demo, Q&A | 1st Floor CF2960 Area | FREE with membership or day pass
- 3:30 p.m. Epic Cycle | 2nd Floor Fitness Spin Studio | FREE with membership or day pass
- 9:15 – 10:30 a.m. All Ages Pickleball EXPO | Multi-Purpose Court | FREE with membership or day pass
- 9:15 – 12:00 p.m. All Ages Futsal EXPO: City Futsal Team | Futsal Court | FREE with membership or day pass
- 10:30 – 12:00 p.m. Ages 6+ Lifted Basketball Skills DEMO | Multi-Purpose Court | FREE with membership or day pass
- 12:30 -1:30 p.m. All Ages Volleyball SKILLS DEMO | Multi-Purpose Court | FREE with membership or day pass
- 1:00 – 2:00 p.m. Ages 6+ Karate DEMO | Futsal Court | FREE with membership or day pass
- 2:30 -3:30 p.m. Ages 5+ Gymnastics: 360 Athletics DEMO | Futsal Court | FREE with membership or day pass
- 1:45 – 4:45 p.m. All Ages Open Play – ShootAWay: North Court & Pick-Up Games: South Court | Multi-Purpose Court | FREE with membership or day pass
- 3:45 – 4:45 p.m. All Ages Open Play | Futsal Court | FREE with membership or day pass
*Athletic non-marking shoes required for gymnasium and futsal court use. Ages 9 and under must be accompanied by an adult 15+
- 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Ages 3 years – 10years | Kids Play | 2hr babysitting available with membership or day pass + upgrade
- 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Ages 6 months – 2 years | Tiny Tots by the Pool | 2hr babysitting available with membership or day pass + upgrade
- 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. Ages 6 years – 10years | Game Room | Pop-a-Shot Tourney FREE with membership or day pass
- 1:00 p.m. – 4:45 p.m. Family Fun! Children must be with a parent/guardian | KidsPlay – both inside and outside play structures | FREE with membership or day pass
- 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. Ages 13 – 17 | Teen Zone 1317 | Ping Pong Tourney FREE with membership or day pass
- 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Ages 13 – 17 | Teen Zone 1317 | Pirates of the Caribbean playing FREE with membership or day pass
- 2:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Ages 13 – 17 | Teen Zone 1317 | iWall Tourney FREE with membership or day pass
Arts & Music
- 9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Hear Local Here on EpicRadioGP.com | Lobby Radio Booth | FREE for General Public
- 9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Epic coloring and art education survey | 1st Floor Gallery 2960 | FREE for General Public
- 9:00 am – 1:00 p.m. The Epic Theater will be available for viewing and Q&A | 1st Floor Theater | FREE for General Public
- 9:30 – 11:00 a.m. Artist at work. Stop and ask questions | 2nd Floor Artist In Residence Studio | FREE with membership or day pass
- 9:30 -11:30 a.m. Demo Beats | 2nd Floor Recording Studio | FREE with membership or day pass
Culinary Kitchen by IKEA
- 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Hot fresh cookies & infused water | Culinary Kitchen | FREE with membership or day pass
The Epic Operational Hours starting Sunday, November 18th
Sunday 11:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Monday 5:30 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Tuesday 5:30 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Wednesday 5:30 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Thursday CLOSED for Thanksgiving Holiday
Thanksgiving Day is 1 of 3 Holidays The Epic will be CLOSED.
Regular Thursday hours are 5:30 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Friday 8:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Reduced Holiday Hours.
Regular Fri hours are 5:30 a.m. – 9 p.m.
It’s the final countdown! We are less than a month away. On Saturday, November 17th, The Epic will host its Grand Opening from 9am-5pm and will officially be open to the public.
Join us at 9am for the official ribbon cutting ceremony. We’ll have the whole building set up with interactive demonstrations and plenty of staff on hand to answer questions. Our member services team will be available for membership information and sign-ups.
We’ll also have some giveaways with a chance to enter and win free guest passes and other membership add-ons. So, bring the whole family out for what’s sure to be a day filled with fun and excitement! Stay tuned for more updates as we get closer.
Join now at JoinTheEpic.com
Join The Epic and Become a Founding Member. Aside from having the designation of being one of our very first members, you’ll receive a free t-shirt, exclusive to founding members:
Register online and sign up to stop by to get your EPIC t-shirt and membership card by clicking the link below and signing up for the time that is best for you.
*Please note- 1 (one) shirt per membership.
https://jointheepic.com/memberships/ (To Purchase Membership)
https://www.prekindle.com/events/theepic (To RSVP for Open House/T-shirt Pick-Up)
(Advance sign up is required and you may enter the promo code “JOIN” to access the exclusive JoinTheEpic.com RSVP times)
Mark your calendars because it’s finally time for you to come see the recreation center of your dreams.
On November 3rd and November 10th (Saturdays), we will host our first ever open houses. We’ll have all areas of The Epic on display so you and your family can envision the possibilities. Whether it’s in our fitness area or in the arts and music side of the building, we’ll have staff on hand, ready to give you presentations, demonstrations and answer all of your questions.
Here is the list of rooms/amenities you will see:
- Member Services/Atrium/Library Kiosk
- 1st Floor Fitness: Free weights/Cardio/Machines/Outdoor Training
- 2nd Floor Fitness: CrossFit 2960/Spin/Yoga/Group Fitness
- Indoor Track/Adventure Track
- Aquatics Department
- Game Room/KidsPlay/Zone 1317
- Radio Booth
- Recording Studio
- Art Studio/Art Gallery
- Culinary Kitchen
- All rental and multi-purpose rooms
If you decide to join and be a founding member, you’ll receive a free Epic T-shirt with a paid membership. Come see us Saturday, Nov 3 & 10 from 12-6 pm. Join now at JoinTheEpic.com.
The Epic is pleased to introduce KidsPlay, our new drop-in babysitting add-on feature. Here is a sneak peak of the almost completed area:
KidsPlay is designed to provide a fun, safe, interactive, and engaging space for your children while you workout or attend one of our many other member programs. Our qualified and trained professional childcare staff will watch over children ages 6 months to 10 years for a 2-hour maximum. For your convenience, KidsPlay will include a reliable, state-of-the-art mobile check-in system.
In addition to a custom indoor and outdoor playground, your kids will enjoy toys, gaming consoles, crafts, and more. Whenever KidsPlay is not in use, there will be an option for parents to accompany children. Occasionally, the room will also be available for scheduled rentals. KidsPlay… yet another feature to make your experience epic!
Volunteers: Join us for the Epic Expo at The Epic, 2960 Epic Place, Grand Prairie, Texas 75052
Friday, August 24
Saturday, August 25
10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Interested in volunteering? Spend time in a state-of-the-art facility with features and programs that are trend setting. We need service minded people who can carry out the City of Grand Prairie Parks, Arts & Recreation Department’s vision for an EPIC service experience.
- Guest Services
- Fine Art and Music
Part-time Staff: Join us for the Epic Job Expo
Interested in a Part-time Job? Spend up to 20 hours per week in a state-of-the-art facility with features and programs that are trend setting. Interested in improving the health and wellness of others through Fitness and Wellness, Culinary Arts, Athletics, and Aquatics programming? Want to ensure all people have access to benefits of recreation through Adaptive and Inclusive Recreation and Youth Programs, Fine Arts, Music, and Radio? We are hiring service minded people who can carry out the City of Grand Prairie Parks, Arts & Recreation Department’s vision for an EPIC service experience.
It takes exceptional employees to make it all happen.
- Guest Services
- Fitness Attendant
- Gym Attendant
- Swim Lesson Instructor
- KidsPlay Babysitting Attendant
- Teen Club Leader
- Arts & Music Attendant
- Contract Instructors – Art, Culinary, Athletics, Youth
- Contract Instructors – Fitness Instructors, Personal Trainers, Functional Training Coaches, Nutritionist, Massage Therapy
- Contract Engineers – Music – Sound and Lighting
Apply Online At Gptx.Org/Jobs