The City of Grand Prairie continues to work with the Dallas County Health Department, Texas Department of State Health Services (TDSHS) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in containing the spread of the virus through public education and identifying mitigation strategies.
How can I avoid infection with COVID-19?
The best way to prevent infection is to take precautions to avoid exposure to this virus. These are exactly the same precautions you would take to avoid coming down with a cold or the flu.
The United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends these everyday actions to help prevent the spread of all respiratory viruses:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
For a full article of COVID-19 please visity GPTX.org